The Lunar New Year event is returning to Pokémon GO. This year’s featured Pokémon includes red-colored Pokémon and Tauros. To go with that theme, you’ll be able to fight Gyarados’s Mega form in raids. There are some fun details so, read on for more info.
The event will run from February 9, 2021 at 10 AM local time until February 14, 20201 at 1 PM local time (which means right up until the Valentine’s event!).
Here are some of the most important features of the event:
- Red Pokémon in the wild. That includes Krabby, Goldeen, Magmar, Magikarp, Miltank, Meditite, Tepig, and more.
- Mega Gyarados debut in raids, with spawns in the wild. Shiny Gyarados may be found in the raid and the wild.
- Event-exclusive field research tasks for Meowth, Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Meditite, and Miltank.
- 5 km eggs will feature Rattata, Ekans, Mankey, Ponyta, Mareep, Houndour, Miltank, Torchic, Bagon, Buneary, Tepig, and Litleo.
- Raid table updates:
- Latios and Latias in five-star raids.
- Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos in Mega Raids.
- Other levels feature event-Pokémon listed above (particularly interesting are Miltank and Blaziken in three-star)
- Tauros in Timed Research.
- Gifts will contain more Pokéballs.
- Lucky friend chance increase.
- Trading range temporarily increased to 40km.
Lots of good bonuses for this event. I’m looking forward to Mega Gyarados since it’s typing shifts from Water/Flying to Water/Dark. Should be useful for raiding bosses like Latios and Latias. Anyway, have fun with the event and be sure to stay safe! Feel free to join our Discord server to discuss the event and show off your catches!